Play in a band
- Play with others in a full band setting (i.e. vocals, guitar, drums, bass guitar, full P.A. system, microphones, amplifiers...)
- Meet other musicians.
- Daunting for some players who have never played with others before. But, inevitably they find the sessions beneficial and good fun.
- I bring players of similar level together and choose songs matched to your level.
- Before a session, I'll send you information about the songs we'll play and how to play them, so that you will have time to practice before. We can also go over the songs in lessons before the session, if you like.
- We play Rock, Pop and Blues, e.g. AC/DC, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Hendrix, Clapton, The Animals, Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Amy Winehouse, Lynard Skynard, Tom Petty, Bill Withers, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, The Doors...
- I've been running these sessions since 2009. Since, some players have decided to get together and form their own bands called 99 problems and Too old to die young. These bands have played several of gigs in Brussels.
- The Manneken Pistols student band evolved from these sessions in 2014. The MPs have since played many gigs in and around Brussels to (sometimes) large crowds (approx. 200 at one gig!)
- The jams are usually held at Novanois rehearsal studios in Schaerbeek (rue des Ailes) on Sunday afternoons.
- Cost - 50 or 60 euro, depending on the session.
- Contact me, Mark, to find out about the next session.
- 0477 06 53 01
Record music in a professional studio
- Experience the recording studio environment
- Work with a professional sound engineer and learn about the equipment and techniques used to record music.
- Take away a professionally engineered and mastered recording of your playing.
- Play solo or with a band or anotehr musician.
- Play your own songs or cover versions of classic songs.
For info about current possibilities, contact me, Mark, on:
- 0477 06 53 01
Mark Baxter (c) 2009-2019